|Ok, when you first open the template in Photoshop, it should look something like this. The first thing you need to do is click on the page icon to get yourself a new layer.|
|The next thing to do is to drag that "Guides" Layer below the "Layer 1" So that Layer 1 is on top.|
It should now look like this.
Ok. Now you are going to work on the background.
- Make sure you are selected on Layer 1
- Pick your background color from the color selector
- Select your paint bucket tool
- Dump your color in the template
- Delete the locked "Background" Layer. You can now rename Layer 1 background if you want.
Even if you aren't planning on having any of the background color show, it's a good idea to put a background color in there so you can see what you have covered and what you don't.
Now you can use the template as you would a normal Photoshop document. The guides are there so that you don't put anything important in those spaces. (i.e. a face or award) Those spaces will probably end up in the binding of the book.
Go ahead and open what pictures you want to use, cut, copy, paste, crop, ect.